BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Progression

Things are still where and how they are. I'm still deciding to fall back from dating around, but I'm always going to be a girl to enjoy the company of a man. What can I say? I like men. Keeping company doesn't mean I'm dropping trow, because a good conversation is more stimulating than anything to me. I'm probably heading to Outward tonight. James said he may go through also. He still text me on occasion. It's cool though, he's slipping into the "friend zone" anyway.

I talked to Jordan a few days ago and he's doing well. Still claiming he's going to take me out. I'm still not hearing shit until it happens. I talked to TJ in Philly recently. I almost renegged on going up to visit, but it looks like I'll be going anyway. I don't know what will happen with him. I like him and all, but I may be headed to a sexually exclusive situation (don't ask...) so if that's the case, no TJ.

I talked to the bestie Audrey today and she told me how angry she is that her grandmother followed her grandfather into the kitchen and took over for him as he tried to make himself a peanut butter sandwich. She said how demeaning it is for women to feel that they have to resort to such tasks to please a man. On the contrary, I disagreed with her. I told her that men like to be catered to and pampered. And frankly, if a man pampers a woman and makes her feel good, then he most certainly should have his plate prepared. I see no reason that a woman can't fix a man's plate or grab him a beer after he's been working all day.

Aubrey felt that my ideas were dated and reminded me that we'd both spent several years catering to men that didn't show us the proper appreciation. I told her that I'd learned that it's not that we shouldn't cater, its that we should be more selective about who we cater to. At my core, I'm still that woman that will cook and clean for my man. Now the intention is to only do it for the men that show me they know how to treat me.

Keisha.

0 comments: